Bear Print is Mercer University's pay-for-print system that allows you to use your own personal computer or a Mercer computer lab workstation to print documents to any pay-for-print printer on campus. Using Bear Print, you can print your document and pick it up at your convenience!
Printing charges are as follows:
- Black and white prints (single-sided) - $0.10
- Black and white prints (double-sided) - $0.20
- Color prints (single-sided) - $0.35
- Color prints (double-sided) - $0.70
Single-sided black and white prints from a public computer or without a Bear Card are $0.15 per page, cash only, and available only at select locations.
Getting Bear Print Software
In order to use Bear Print from your personal computer, you must download and install the Bear Print program. To download and install the Bear Print software:
- Download the Bear Print software. (Hint: Saving the file to your desktop makes it easier to locate for installation.) 32bit for Windows XP, Vista and 7 64bit for Windows XP, Vista and 7 MAC OS
- Once you have downloaded Bear Print to your computer, double-click the Bear Print icon to start the installation process.
- Click the Install button.
- When the client has finished the installation process, click the Finish button.
Printing Using Bear Print
In order to print using Bear Print from your personal computer, you must:
- Have a valid Bear Card
- Be connected to the Mercer network (either via wired or wireless connection)
- Install Bear Print software on your computer
To print a document to a Bear Print printer:
- In your document, select Print from the File menu.
- Select the Bear Print queue that corresponds to your printing needs from the drop down list.
- Click OK.
- Select your color preference--black/white or color. (Color printers are only available at select locations.)
- Enter your Mercer University ID number (MUID) or five-digit Visitor Card number. This number will be used to retrieve your print job at the release station.
- Visit any of pay-for-print locations to print your document. Your document will be available to print for 12 hours, after which it will be deleted.
Bear Print Locations and Printer Availability
All locations print in both Color and Black/White unless otherwise noted.
- Swilley (ITC Lab)
- Swilley Library
Douglas County Locations
- Computer Lab 103
- Computer Lab 104
- RAC Library
- Student Lounge
Henry County Locations
- Computer Lab 142
- Computer Lab 143
- RAC Library
- Student Lounge
- RAC Annex Lab
- Academic Resource Center (ARC)
- Med School Library
- Stetson 238
- Stetson Media Center
- Tarver Library
- MUSM Learning Resource Center (LRC)
Restricted Access Locations
- Engineering Room 102
- Engineering Room 216A (Engineering Students only)
- Engineering Room 216B (Engineering Students only)
- Engineering Room 224 (Engineering Students only) - Black and White Only
- Med School LRC (Med Students only) - Black and White Only
- Med School Savannah Break Room (Med Students only)
- Med School Savannah Lab (Med Students only)
- Med School Tutorial Hall (Med Students only)
- Nursing Break Room (Nursing Students only)
- Physician Assistant Program (PA Students only)
- Pharmacy Computer Lab (Pharmacy Students only)