Bear Book Bundle FAQ
Powered by Barnes and Noble College First DAY® COMPLETE
- What is The Bear Book Bundle program?
Bear Book Bundle is a course materials delivery rental program for Mercer undergraduate students beginning for fall semester 2021. The program lowers the cost of course materials by 35 to 50% over the cost of purchasing books and ensures students have their required course materials on the first day of class.
- How does it work?
- Register for your classes and the bookstore will start preparing your course materials
- One month before classes start, you will receive an email instructing you to select your delivery preference (in-store pickup or shipped directly to you)
- An email notification will be sent when your order is ready for pickup or when it ships
- Your digital materials will be delivered for your course(s) within Canvas our Learning Management System
- What is included in the program?
The program provides all required textbooks, lab manuals, access codes and digital textbook versions to eligible students.
The Cost is $ 27 a credit hour. A student enrolled for 15 hours would pay $ 405 per semester
- What is excluded from the program?
The program does not include consumables that cannot be returned and reused such as lab goggles, dissection kits, molecular model kits, engineering kits or nursing kits.
- What if I audit a course?
Audited courses are not included and must be purchased outside of the Book Bundle.
- How do I enroll in the program?
All eligible students will be automatically enrolled in The Bear Book Bundle Program.
- How do I opt-out / waive the Book and Materials fee?
Students may opt. out of the program each semester by waiving their books and materials fee throught their MyMercer student portal. The wavier must be completed by the last day of drop add. The decision to opt-out is final for the current semester.
- When are my textbook rentals due back to the bookstore?
The deadline to return all rental textbooks is the last day of finals. Students will receive email reminders about the rental deadline to their email address.
- I like to highlight and make notes in the margins of my textbooks. Can I still do this?
- Can I buy my rented textbook?
Yes, the program provides you with the option to purchase textbooks at a reduced rate during the return period.
- Do I need to return books if they are for a continuation course?
Notify the Bookstore and they will work with you to keep the same textbook throughout your continuation course.
- Is Bear Book Bundle the only way I can purchase my textbooks?
No. Mercer provides students the opportunity to obtain required course materials from any source of their choosing and adheres to the following policy:
- Students may opt to purchase materials from other unaffiliated sources, including online sources.
- Mercer will not restrict the availability of financial aid funds so that students who opt-out may purchase required course materials from other sources in a timely manner.
- What if I withdraw from a course or the university? Materials must be returned to the campus bookstore within 20 days.
- Still have questions?
Please reach out to the bookstore for further information at email@example.com.